Saturday, January 5, 2008

On Death after New Year

I may not ever become a writer.

We are all mortal, and we all believe we will never die. That thought is put in our spirit by the Holy Spirit. It is the key for all mankind to seek after God.

 However, since we are all human and flawed with sin; we usually seek after the wrong god, and not the True God. The thought that we will live forever is confusing to us, and we think it is our bodies that will live forever. Because of this we have no fear of God and our own physical mortality. 

 People who are blessed by God are made to see our mortality, and it makes us both fear and love God. I think you are OK, and will live a long time. God needs you to do something, like all of us. Some people never find out what it is, but it happens anyway because most often our existence has something to do with others, and we don’t know it. 

We are always looking at ourselves, and missing what is around us. They say that writers sometimes have the insight to look out into the world, and come close to what it is each of is here to achieve. Surely the writers of the Bible had that gift, but then they were writing for God. I don’t think I am a writer because I cant sort out what is happening around me, but I do try hard to figure out why we are here, and what purpose each person serves.

No comments: